On May 4, 2022, a meeting of the National Assembly of Western Armenia was held, the agenda of which included a number of issues, the most important of which was the final execution and unanimous adoption of the declaration on the responses of the National Assembly of Western Armenia to the declaration of the National Assembly of the Republic of Artsakh, which will be sent to the National Assembly of Artsakh.
It will be translated into several languages and sent for consideration to the national assemblies of various states. During the meeting, they also discussed current issues of the upcoming May 28 regular session of the seventh convocation of the National Assembly.
DECLARATION OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF THE REPUBLIC OF WESTERN ARMENIA
IN RESPONSE TO THE DECLARATION OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF THE REPUBLIC OF ARTSAKH
Taking into account։
– The Law of the Republic of Western Armenia “On the Status of Artsakh as part of Western Armenia”, adopted on 07. 02.2021,
– The Constitution of the Republic of Western Armenia adopted on May 9, 2016.
The current legal and political status of the Republic of Artsakh is determined by the crimes committed against all Armenians since 1894, the recognition of Western Armenia as an independent state since 1920, and then the occupation of Western Armenia.
Sovietization of Eastern Armenia was secession and illegal appropriation of Nakhichevan, Javakhk and Artsakh by political forces since 1921, then in 1988, with the will of the people, three national referendums and the subsequent Constitution.
The Armenians of Artsakh know well the price of peace. The statehood of Artsakh, the right to live freely and independently in the historical homeland are absolute values, even the threat of war cannot keep them from all this. Any negotiation process with the agenda of the Armenian-Azerbaijani “peace” aimed at the annexation of Artsakh to Azerbaijan, as well as the signing of the final documents, not only undermines the status of Artsakh as an autonomous state, but also the right of the Artsakh Armenians to live in their historical homeland.
We demand that the authorities of the Republic of Armenia (Eastern) abandon their current catastrophic positions and be guided solely by these values. No Government has the right to lower the bar of internationally recognized self-determination under the form of “peace”, as well as the internationally recognized right to self-determination.
– Western Armenia has been and will always be a defender of the rights of the indigenous Armenians of Artsakh and the territorial integrity of Armenia.
– The Armenian state that makes up Artsakh consists of indigenous Armenians of Western Armenia, Armenians living on their ancestral territory after the genocide.
– As a result of the 44-day conflict in 2020, Western Armenia thanked the leadership of the Russian Federation for the intervention of a very important peacekeeping mission, not interfering in the problems that arose as a reason not to question the future security of the people of Artsakh.
– Western Armenia continues its diplomatic activity on the basis of Article 92 of the Sevres Treaty, despite disagreements with the leaders of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-chair countries, striving to preserve the format of the only international mandate for the settlement of the Artsakh conflict.