Glaka Monastery (Msho St. Karapet) the monastery complex in Taron, Turubaran province of Western Armenia, was a pagan monument and it was turned into a monastery during the adoption of Christianity in the IV century. St. Karapet is not just a church or a temple, but a set of several temples that make up a group of shrines. St. Karapet Monastery in Western Armenia was considered the largest and most cherished holy place after the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin. The glory and fame of the monastery went beyond national borders and became a shrine for local and foreign peoples. The monastery had five chapels and ten altars. There were four large bell towers hanging on the bell tower. Since 1896, an orphanage and a school with 45 students and a library have been opened at the monastery. At the beginning of the XIX and XX centuries, the monastery had an extensive church, including the settlements of Taron, Vardo, Japahjur, Khnus, Bulanikh, Keghi and other provinces inhabited by Armenians. The monastery suffered great disasters in 1915 and 1918. During the days of the genocide, a significant part of the Armenians of Taron took refuge in the monastery and the nearby forests, they resisted the overwhelming forces of the enemy for two months. It was possible to preserve the valuable monuments there, including 1,750 manuscripts, which were transferred to Etchmiadzin. The monastery is now destroyed.