In the Armenian church of St. Gevorg, built 372 years ago in the Derik province of Mardin province of Western Armenia, 20 years later the liturgy was held under the chairmanship of the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Sahak Mashalyan. The church, located in the Calais district in the province of Derik and according to some sources built-in 1650, was nationalized after 1915. 

In 1957, it was bought by the Armenian community of the district and registered in the name of the Armenian resident Derikli Karapet Kechedzhi. After his death, the church was handed over to his heirs. The last restoration of the church was carried out in 2004, where the liturgy was not held for about 20 years due to the lack of a sufficient number of visitors.

Leave a Reply