The monastery of Hogots was a VI century building. It was located in the Shatakh county of the Vaspurakan province of Western Armenia. According to tradition, it was founded as a convent by the apostle Bartholomew in the place of a temple dedicated to the goddess Anahit. In the IV century, the Hogots monastery was a place for bishops.

Hogeats Monastery was a famous writing center in the 17th century, it was rebuilt in 1730-1765, destroyed in 1895, and renovated again in 1904. After the genocide, the monastery was abandoned and completely destroyed by the military and the treasure hunters.