The Church of St. Astvatsatsin Aintap, built according to the project of the great Armenian architect Sarkis Balyan, was one of the largest churches in Western Armenia. The church, built-in 1892, served the numerous Armenian population of Aintap until 1915. After the Genocide of Armenians and the founding of the Republic of Turkey, the church was placed under the control of the Ministry of Justice of the country. From 1930- the 1980s, the church was used as a prison for almost 50 years. 1980-1985 once the Holy Mother of God was turned into a mosque. The church was given the name of the mosque “Kurtulush” inside there was a separate place for prayer. This church is of great importance for Western Armenia, it is part of the Armenian identity in our occupied homeland.