The inscriptions preserved on the walls of the Dadivank Monastery and the monuments of ancient khachkars around the monastery prove that this building is very old and belonged to Armenians.
The Diocese of Artsakh of the Armenian Apostolic Church wrote about this. Historical information and testimonies about the construction of the monastery are found in various foreign literature and professional works.
In the Orthodox encyclopedia, published under the patronage and editorship of Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, information was presented about the construction of Dadivank, the origin of its name, the Armenian holy place, which over the centuries suffered attacks and destruction and survived.
The work presents in detail the historical facts and descriptions of the buildings of the monastery complex. In 2014, through the joint efforts of architect Ara Zaryan and restorer Christine Lamoureux from Italy, the restoration process of Dadivank’s murals began, which continued until 2017.
The experts presented the details of their work in a book titled “Conservation restoration of the 1297 frescoes of the Catholic church built in 1214”.
The book begins with the history and description of Dadivank and continues with the results and findings of the work carried out by the experts. As a result of the extensive work of the experts, the historical appearance of the frescoes in the Holy Catholic Church and the exact date of the frescoes were finally determined in 1297.