During the plenary session on October 17, the Spanish Senate unanimously adopted a declaration condemning the military operations launched by Baku against the Armenians of Artsakh. As reported by the Armenian Embassy in Spain, the statement read: “In response to the military operation carried out by the Baku authorities against the Armenian population of Artsakh, which resulted in the death of hundreds of Armenians and the mass migration of thousands of people,
-Strongly condemns the baseless military operations carried out by Baku, which threaten regional security and stability.
– Calls on the parties to restore diplomatic channels and expresses its rejection of 2020 by the government of Baku, in connection with the non-compliance with the obligations assumed by the ceasefire of November 9 and the binding decisions of the International Court of Justice.
– Demands the immediate cessation of military operations, recalling that the Baku government has ratified the United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
– It regrets and condemns the loss of human lives and expresses its solidarity with the Armenian population of Artsakh and the Armenian community living in Spain.
– Underlines the responsibility of the Baku authorities to guarantee the rights and security of Artsakh and demands that they allow international observers and humanitarian aid to enter the region.
– Takes into account and supports the efforts of the EU High Representative and the EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus, considering that the European Union can and must contribute to finding a negotiated, universal and lasting solution to the conflict .