The Kendirli Armenian Catholic Church was built in the center of the city of Ayntap, Western Armenia in 1860.
As the Catholic Armenians of Ayntap had financial problems in building the church, it was done with the financial support of King Napoleon III of France and the French missionary Catholic community.
The ancient church was demolished, and a construction of the current church began in its place in 1898, it took two years and opened in 1900.
The layout of the church is based on the example of St. Francis Church in Rome.
The building currently serves as the Kendirli Gas Cultural Center.