We present you the article published by SPUTNIK ARMENIA agency.
Did Artsakh ishkhan Melik-Shahnazar think that his union with Panah Ali, the leader of the Turkish-speaking tribe of Jivanshirs, who later became khan, would lead to Shushi becoming a symbol of the Armenian-Azerbaijani confrontation?
What is about the long-suffering Armenian city?
The Armenian districts of Shushi were located in the upper-central parts of the city. The upper (western) part of the Shushi plateau began to be built in 1805, when the Karabakh Khanate joined Russia. At that time Shushi was one of the largest cities in Transcaucasus.
The Armenian part occupied 65% of the whole area of Shushi and was divided into 18 districts: Meghretsots, Aguletsots (Aguliski), Ghazanchetsots (Ghazanchalu), etc. They were in good condition, that part was often called “Little Paris”. Most of the houses were made of white stone with red tiled roofs, carved balconies, arches and columns. The European style of urban construction was widespread among Armenians.
The full version of the article is available in the following link: