The Caucasus Heritage Watch reports that a centuries-old Armenian cemetery north of Shushi has been partially destroyed.

The expansive cemetery, which spans both sides of the road, contained 96 tombstones dating from 1834 to 1920, that included the graves of noble Armenian families, known as meliks. The cemetery also housed two 12 to 13th century cross stones (khachkars).

Let us remind that the ancestors of the Turkish barbarians appeared in the Shushi region only 6 centuries after the installation of these tombstones.